Garden Culture through the Ages
Since the mid-19th century, the interaction of untamed nature and cultivated gardens has played an important role in Hartberg’s townscape. The medieval town centre is surrounded by green spaces and embedded within gentle natural landscapes.
In 2020 nature and gardens play the leading role. Climate-friendly measures, ecological goals and artistic interventions in Hartberg’s townscape turn the whole city into a green stage.
* “Breathing sun umbrellas” in the Hauptplatz Square
* Castle park: climate woodlands, rose garden
* Town park: hydrangea garden and bee oasis
* Floating picture gallery in the “Enterlteich” pond
* Beds of wildflowers throughout the town
“CittàSlow.Genuss” | Gmoos Bird Paradise
Where Pictures Learn to Swim
Open-air gallery beside the historic town pond | nature photography by Leander Khil
“Pictures swimming on water” offer fascinating insights into the rich bird diversity in the “Hartberg Gmoos” wetlands – a Natura 2000 protected area.