Museum in the Old Armoury
The museum is located in the old “Zeughaus” armoury, built in 1588. Formerly, the building was connected to the provisions storehouse in the Langgasse Alley via a courtyard. The inner courtyard with its two-storey arcades is one the town’s most impressive courtyards and a good example of the influence of its Italian master builders. The main gate opens onto a street now called Emmenstraße but once called Sporgasse with its name derived from the guild of the “Sporer” – locksmiths, gunsmiths and knife smiths.