The Town’s Landmark: “Kornmesser” House
The town’s landmark still reflects the former wealth of its burghers at the time of Maximilian I. The house is one of the most beautiful late Gothic secular buildings in Austria and enchants visitors with a magnificently designed façade. The medieval building boasts six arcades on the ground floor and a wonderful loggia constructed in Venetian style. On the side facade two windows, wall niches and the walled-in-coat of arms “Kornmess” can be found. Therefore, the city is also known as Kornmesserstadt.
- The Iron Fountain, a jewel of Styrian blacksmithing
- The Marian Column on the main square, erected by the citizens in 1770 to protect the city from plagues.
- The Brucker Schlossberg with the clock tower, which reveals a wonderful panorama
- The town hall with the arcaded courtyard from the 16th century
- The town parish church, which was built in the 13th century
- The Holy Spirit Chapel, in a triangular construction that is unique in Europe
- The many imposing town houses in the city centre
There is much more to discover and experience: